One of the questions we hear often is on role release. It’s a term we hear a lot – but how does it really happen?
Role release does not happen overnight. This article summarizes the “key elements leading to role release” in Table 2: Role extension, role enrichment, role expansion, role exchange, and role support.
Questions for reflection (please share your thoughts in the comments section below):
- Become more educated about own discipline (role extension)?
- Learn more about other disciplines (role enrichment)
- Share ideas with each other (role expansion)?
- Implement integrated intervention or assessment plans (role exchange)?
- Consult regularly to monitor implementation (role support)?
See more at http://journals.sagepub.com/d…/abs/10.1177/1096250613493446…
Remember, as a Division for Early Childhood (DEC) Member you can access Young Exceptional Children articles online for free!
Not a DEC member? Join now to get the latest and greatest on evidence-based practices in early intervention and early childhood special education.